How to Build Your CBC in Public ~ Kevon Cheung
In this episode, Captain Kevon Cheung explains how to build your cohort-based course in public.
- How Kevon became interested in building in public (01:51)
- What Kevon would say to someone who feels that building in public could do more harm than good (05:16)
- How Kevon built his Twitter audience (07:07)
- The three key pillars of Twitter (15:04)
- Kevon’s strategy to finding people to befriend (19:24)
- One aspect of building in public is involving your audience in the product building phase (22:27)
- The different types of things you can tweet to build in public (24:31)
- How building in public naturally leads to the pratfall effect to increase your relatability (26:37)
- An example of how Kevon involved his audience in the building of his cohort-based course (29:12)
- How building in public can be applied specifically to cohort-based courses (32:13)
- Closing questions (35:46)
In a Nutshell
- Build your audience first. If you don’t have an audience, you can’t build in public, and you won’t have anyone to whom you can sell your cohort-based course.
- Share your ups and downs daily. You can either do this by sharing what’s happening currently, or you can recap lessons learned from the past.
- Involve your audience in building your cohort-based course with you. Ask questions. Interact.
How to Get in Touch